A lot of conditions impact our ability to produce exceptional results with coffee. However, the people who achieve exceptional results are also known for having an interest in experimenting, craving for knowledge and adherence to the methods’ details. Such is their passion for knowing the coffee brewing processes in their entire complexity. Nonetheless, it is easy to overlook some basic practices that can enhance the consistency of quality coffee in the cup.
This post will be about the most crucial part that impacts the making of a top-quality coffee: cleaning. Generally, anything that is utilised in the process of making coffee should be cleaned regularly to get rid of the oils and other substances that can degrade the quality of coffee.
Learn more about the different cleaning tips to keep your coffee machine is the best condition throughout the year.
- Make sure to remove the filter basket, clean it, wipe the inside of the portafilters, and clean it many times every day. The number of times is up to you, yet the more the cleaning, the longer your coffee machine will serve quality coffee. It is only negligence of maintenance that makes people search for DeLonghi coffee machine repairs.
- It is also advised to rinse the portafilter between shots, keeping in mind that the number of times it will be cleaned, the longer it will provide quality coffee on the cups. However, an extended drip period because of the rinse generally causes a messy, dripped upon workspace. Clean the basket and dry in between shots, and repeat rinsing the portafilter as much as possible.
- It is wise to wipe the shower screen with a cloth prior to purging water through the group head for every shot. It makes a more constant behaviour from the water displacement for which the shower screen is given.
- Like as told before, make sure to purge between shots to get rid of the additional powder in the grouphead. The best thing is to set up a volumetric button for this need, and you will enjoy hands-free purging all the time.
- Coffee machine experts always say that is better to clean the shower screens on an everyday basis. After removing the shower screen, it should be wiped, rinsed and then re-attached prior to backflushing with chemicals. However, those who have never done this to their espresso machine are warned that the mess inside will seem terrible. To ensure the long life of the coffee machine, it is worth doing every day as the particles accumulated there is required to be physically removed. Also, these particles do not always dissolve when a coffee cleaner is utilised. In other words, you will be re-brewing old coffee for each shot when you allow the stuff to build up. A lot of cafes keep additional shower screens and change in the middle of the day.
Finally, when you are opening and attaching different parts of the coffee machine, make sure that you are keeping them safe so that they do not fall or get lost. Cleaning is just one of the requirements, but making a pristine environment for brewing only enhances the quality of results.